Sunday, December 11, 2016

Buying an iPhone 6 in Q4 2016

In December 2013 I bought an iPhone 4S for about $250 to use with H2O wireless and it's saved me about $20-25 per month for the last three years ($720-900).  Since updating to iOS 9, the phone has really slowed down and I notice that new apps don't run as quickly as they could on the phone.

It's time to buy an iPhone 6!  They cost about $330-350 to buy a used model in good condition, and the accessories should be included at this price.

Why an iPhone 6?

  • Faster processor to run current apps without delays
  • Bigger screen - the iPhone 4s screen is hard to use with some apps and tiny for photos and video.
  • Massive Panoramas!  I saw a panoramic print that was probably 24 x 36 in a local business that was taken on an iPhone.  Up close you could see the pixels, but at a reasonable viewing distance, it was not apparent that the landscape photo was captured on an iPhone.
  • 64GB of storage.  Because I store some music on my 16GB iphone, I'm constantly wrestling with space to take photos and download apps...with the Shutterfly app and this amount of storage, I'll never have to worry about free space to take pictures!
  • Store more music.  A 4x increase in storage space means that I could use this like an iPod more often and rely on Spotify less.

Having an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus is like having a miniature tablet.


Another size comparison, just showing iPhones.



Full feature and spec comparison chart for iPhone 6 and smartphones released in 2014.




The iPhone 6 is just a little thinner than a 5s, but much thinner than a 4s model.


Current used prices on Amazon for unlocked iPhone 6 64GB phones.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only comments in English will be considered. Thank you!