Sunday, November 27, 2011

Error code 0x8002006E When Burning a Disc

Today while burning a CD in the Finder, this error message popped up.  I run a late 2007 model 2.2Ghz MacBook Pro and Leopard 10.5.8

Error code 0x8002006E

I've seen similar error messages before when burning DVD+R's.  I solved the problem before by getting out a laser lens cleaner and running it.  Trying other blank DVDs from the same spindle to rule out a bad disc did not solve the problem before.

This solved the problem today:

I inserted a CD lens cleaner and let it work for over a minute.  (It was spinning very loudly while the disc played in iTunes.)

Afterwards I inserted another blank Sony CD-R from the same pack and tried to burn the same files again. It worked and verified successfully.

I found suggestions for how to fix this error code by checking out this forum page:

Error Code 0x8002006E [Archive] - MacRumors Forums

1 comment:

  1. This is rediculous. I have wasted a whole pack of CDs on my MacBook Pro. Get with it Apple.

    ReplyDelete

Only comments in English will be considered. Thank you!