Saturday, May 14, 2016

Ask MetaFilter roundup 5/14/16

First they were writers, then they were writer/directors. - writing screenwriting directing | Ask MetaFilter
There are plenty of successful writer-directors out there, but I'm curious about successful directors who started out as writers only (screenplays, novels, plays etc) before they transitioned to directing. I'm especially interested in minority or female directors.

Examples of Controversial Art? | Ask MetaFilter

When did the US begin referring to 'Victorian' things? - unitedstates history | Ask MetaFilter

Who will do the boring stuff so he can do the fun stuff? - agent manager photography | Ask MetaFilter
Someone I know is an amazingly talented photographer; he does portraits with an old camera, it is awesome. His whole image is really "marketable". he has lots of totally great ideas. however, he needs help getting and organizing gigs. he wants to hire someone to be a sort of agent, do bookings and endorsements and other business-stuff so he can focus on the creative stuff, which he is good at, instead of the business stuff, which, um, he's not. what kind of person (or, who specifically) does he need to hire?

Canvas on a picture rail? - art walls housing | Ask MetaFilter
How do I create an ever-evolving wall space to stick art & postcards on if I'm not allowed to use Blu-Tack but do have a picture rail with hooks?

Two Tax Questions! - taxes finance deductions | Ask MetaFilter
It's weird to ask tax questions in May, but I'm trying to be nicer to myself next April. If I have a full time job that involves attending events, can I write off expenses regarding those events? And, if I'm anticipating having to file freelancer taxes next year, how much of that untaxed income should I be setting aside to pay taxes?

How to hit the reset button on our sex life and libidos? - relationships kink ED | Ask MetaFilter
Our sex life has been lackluster for a long time and I want to change that, but there's a long and complicated history.. Wall of text inside.

Picking my thesis project - gradschool masters | Ask MetaFilter
Will anyone (besides me) care what I did my master's thesis on, if I'm planning on going into industry right after?

Is getting your own apartment worth the money? - living alone | Ask MetaFilter





I want to read about other people's tiny weddings - smallwedding weddingplanning | Ask MetaFilter



Long flight with a baby and toddler alone -- guaranteed disaster? - kids travel plane | Ask MetaFilter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only comments in English will be considered. Thank you!